Friday, January 18, 2013

Black Rock Shooter - Fan sketch

This was an experiment on several different levels. I haven't hand-inked a piece in a while, so I wanted to use my brush pen to do something dramatically black and white. Also, I used a blue pencil to sketch the gesture, a technique I'd like to apply to future sketches as well. I enjoyed drawing this piece, and would like to play with digital coloring in the future to bring some more dynamic into this piece.

The reason why I chose Black Rock Shooter as a subject to test all of these techniques is because I find her inspiring. She was a character that someone made as a fan of Vocaloid, that exploded into its own existence. To me, she represents the hope I have as an artist to ignite a flame that creates something beautiful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment