Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Rain Falls - Early Environment Sketches

This was my original idea of how the the short film The Rain Falls was going to look; a much darker tone than what I though t was necessary later in production. I liked the challenge of creating rain and the use of blue tones throughout the piece, but it just didn't make sense to have a little girl walk around alone at night. However, the fun I have making environments always surprises me.

The environment I'm currently looking to do involves creating the feeling of water color painting. Though for the animatic screen shots a digital simulation is creating the effect I want, I'd like to experiment with actual watercolors for the real film (another first for me).

On a side note, I'll posting the work reel within the next week, so my process can be tracked for those who want to see it. Look for it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment